Thanksgiving is our favorite holiday because it’s about being with friends and loved ones and eating really good food. Are you ready for Thanksgiving? It’s going to be here before you know it! We’re sort of Thanksgiving experts, so let us help with yours. We can help a little (providing juicy, delicious and fresh turkeys) or a lot (providing a premade meal). Why not spend more time with loved ones and less time stressed out?
- Almost everyone’s centerplate of choice come time for Thanksgiving? Turkeys. Ours are $3.99 per pound. Did you know that ours are from Loag’s Corner Turkey Farm, located about 40 miles from our store? Now that’s local! The Loag’s family has been raising turkeys for over 30 years. Their turkeys are always fresh, never frozen and all natural, without any antibiotics or additives. The last day to order turkeys is November 10. Of course, we will have turkeys on hand, but to guarantee you get one the size you need, we recommend ordering ahead.
- Want to mix it up this year? We only offer U.S.D.A. CHOICE Meats Freshly cut by our butcher! We have Filet Roast, Prime Rib Roast, Crown of Pork Roast, Pork Loin Roast (seasoned or unseasoned), Porchetta Pork Loin Roast (seasoned with rosemary, garlic, parsley and salt), Alderfer Spiral Cut Hams, and ready-to-eat or add glaze and heat Lamb Chops. (Note: 7 day’s notice required for all special cuts.)
- Sometimes you realize that while you can do it all, you don’t have to do it all. For those of you who prefer to let Sam’s make your dinner, you can order our dinners up until November 15th. Our dinners feed 8-10 guests and include all the fixins to make your holiday stress-free, so you can spend less time at the stove and more time with your loved ones. Click here to see the full menu.
Please note, we are closed Thanksgiving Day so meals must be picked up Wednesday and reheated on Thanksgiving Day. Also, meals must be heated by you.
- By the way… did you know that some companies buy our Thanksgiving meals for their employees during the week leading up to the holiday to show them how thankful they are? Do you have a team you would like to show your appreciate them? Call us today to place an order.
- We are pleased to announce a brand new stuffing this year for Thanksgiving! We make our Sausage and Fig Bread Stuffing with our own homemade sausage and bread stuffing and the finest figs from California. It’s fabulous!
- We make all of our pies and desserts in-house. We offer everything from traditional pumpkin to Grandma’s Apple to mince meat Pies and pecan pies. The last day to order desserts is 11/18.
- Want an awesome centerpiece? Check out our Turkey Cake Centerpiece. It’s always a hit with the kids and kids at heart.
Other Important News
- Hoagie of the Month: Do you like a little kick to your hoagie? Our Buffalo Chicken Hoagie will satisfy your mid-day hunger pangs. Spice up your lunch life!
- Cheese of the Week: We are very pleased to announce Cheese of the Week is back! Fridays through Mondays we offer cheese samples, and a bonus: we offer pairing tips. Impress your guests (or your tastebuds) but checking out –and learning about– different cheeses.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and we will see you back here in December!
Sam’s Italian Market & Bakery is a family-owned Philadelphia institution. Since our first store in the Olney section of Philadelphia, which opened in 1961, we have provided our local community with high-quality ingredients and prepared foods, steeped in our family’s traditions. Located at 3504 West Moreland Road in Willow Grove since 1977, we continue to provide delicious, high-quality food, including lunch, catering, prepared foods, and bakery and pastries – with unparalleled service for our customers!